PERCEPTION, PERSPECTIVE, & DIVERSITY!
With 7.125 billion people living on this planet, there are bound to be endless opinions on EVERYTHING.
We have all heard it said:” You say potato, I sat Po tah toe., I have actually never heard anyone say Po TAH Toe, bu that is beside the point.
What we perceive, is what what becomes OUR REALITY. The vantage point ( perspective) has influence on how we perceive things. Thus, no 2 people are completely in synch with anything.
The vast diversity in opinions and view points is what makes this world so interesting, yet, at times, it can be divisive.
There is the need to:
- FOLLOW YOUR OWN PATH AND REMAIN YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF.
- BE OPEN TO LEARN
- UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCES
- EMBRACE THE DIVERSITY.
While it is arrogant to always believe we are right, and it’s ” My way or the highway”. we need to refrain from compromising our integrity just to get along and be liked. The intricacies of what to do when our ideology is challenged are endless.
From the perspective of “Judge not,,,,” the best course of action is weigh conditions against how they resonate in our own world view. If the nourish, go with them, if they are toxic, turn away. But never , ever condemn. Until we have walked in the shoes of another, we truly do not know the feel of their path.
Allowing our differences to separate us, is a choice!
When someone you know disagrees with you, do you:
1) Try to convince them of your view.
2) Thing they are crazy or ignorant and choose to have noting more to do with them.
3) Try to see their perspective ( after all, I am not be right)
4) abandon your belief and agree with them so they like you.
5) Respect the difference and move on?